In LayOut, you can create as many pages as your document needs and manage them all right from the Pages panel. The Pages menu also has commands to help you a manage and navigate LayOut document pages.
For example, in the following figure, the Pages panel shows that this document includes six pages. You can use the Pages panel to add or duplicate pages, give each page an intuitive name, or delete or hide pages. You can also use the pages panel to navigate among your pages.
Managing document pages
To manage pages in your LayOut document, you can do any of the following:
- Add a page: In the Pages panel, click the Add a New Page icon (the plus sign), and a new page appears in your document. Or select Pages > Add from the menu bar or click Add Page () on the default toolbar.
Note: A new page will adopt the same layer visibility settings as the current page.
- Name a page: By default, a new page is called Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, and so on. To give a page a more intuitive name, double-click the page’s name in the Pages panel, type a new name, and press Enter.
- Duplicate a page: When a page has several elements you want to reuse on another page, you can duplicate it. Simply select the page in the Pages panel and then click the Duplicate Selected Page icon. Or, with the page displayed in the document area, select Pages > Duplicate from the menu bar. If you use the same page design in other LayOut documents, you may save time by creating a custom template
- Change the page order: When you want a page to appear earlier or later in your document, the Pages panel enables you to reorder the the pages. Select the page you want to move and then click and drag it up or down in the sequence.
- Hide a page: By default, every page in your LayOut document appears when you play your presentation. But maybe you’re working on a new page that isn’t ready yet or have a page that doesn’t apply to a certain audience. In the Pages panel, simply click the little video icon next to a page’s name, and the page won’t appear when you start your presentation. When you’re ready to use the page, click the icon again.
- Delete a page: In the Pages panel, select the page you want to remove and click the Delete Selected Page icon (the minus sign). Or with the page displayed in the document area, select Pages > Delete from the menu bar.
In the following figure, the Pages panel shows that a page was added to the document, moved up in the sequence, and hidden when the document is played as a presentation. (See Presenting Your LayOut Project for details about showing your document to an audience.)
Navigating document pages
In the document area, you see only one page at time. After you start adding pages to your LayOut document, you can navigate among those pages in a few different ways:
- Select the page you want to view in the Pages panel. Tip: If you don’t know the name of the page you want to view, you can see images of each page by clicking the Thumbnail View icon in the upper right of the Pages panel.
- Click Previous Page () or Next Page () on the default toolbar.
- Select Pages > Previous or Pages > Next from the menu bar.