The Image Igloo tool allows you to move between Matched Photo scenes quickly. It also allows you to see adjacent images to provide context as you navigate around a structure when modeling.
Opening and Closing
- Image Igloo View can be opened by Camera > Image Igloo.
- Orbit with the mouse to view matched photo scenes. One of the scenes will be highlighted in pink.
- Press Enter to activate the highlighted scene.
- Use the Arrow keys to navigate to another photo scene with a similar focal point.
- Use Camera > Zoom Extents to see all scenes.
- Double-click an image to quickly activate the scene.
- Option (Mac) or Control (Windows) + Arrow keys can be used to navigate within a group of photos taken from nearly the same location. For example, Trimble Vision Imagery captured within the same station view.
- Shift + Arrow keys to select the next scene in the photo series.
- Orbit to a particular perspective that you want to model and then open the Image Igloo view. You will notice that the closest Match Photo Scene to that perspective will be selected.
- When modeling, the Arrow keys are useful to check your modeling as it will continue to reference another photo scene with a similar focal point. The Arrow keys are also helpful when picking images for when the Photo Point tool is needed.
- Window > Model Info > Animation allows the user to adjust the animation time when changing between scenes.
- Like all SketchUp tools, you can assign a shortcut (instructions Microsoft Windows | Mac) to the Image Igloo View to make this feature more efficient.
- Utilize the scene manager (Window > Scenes) to make navigating through the Matched Photo scenes easier.