With a manufacturer subscription to the 3D Warehouse, you can create a catalog from an existing collection.
To complete your catalog, you need to follow these steps:
- Designate your catalog home page.
- Brand your catalog home page with a banner graphic, URL, thumbnail image, description, and other details.
- Add your catalog content.
If you’re interested in adding the catalog features to a 3D Warehouse collection, contact the Sales team for the 3D Warehouse and manufacturers.
Setting your catalog home page
If you subscribe to the 3D Warehouse manufacturer services, you can designate any collection as the catalog home page by following these steps:
- After you log in to the 3D Warehouse, open the collection that you’d like to make your main catalog page and click the Edit button.
- Select the Make This My Catalog Home Page check box.
- In the dialog box that appears, confirm that you want to make this page your catalog home page. Your catalog can have only one home page.
- Add or edit the catalog title, description, and URL.
- Click the Save button in the upper right.
For an introduction to 3D Warehouse collections, see Creating and Sharing Collections.
Adding a catalog banner graphic
After you designate a catalog home page, you can add a custom banner graphic. The banner appears on the catalog home page and on every page within the catalog. Because the banner graphic brands the catalog as whole, you can apply only one graphic to a catalog.
To optimize your banner graphic’s appearance, follow these image file specifications:
- Save the image as a
- Up to 5MB
- 1000–2560 pixels wide and 138 pixels tall
To upload a banner graphic, follow these steps:
- After you make a collection page your catalog home page, you see the catalog page. If you’ve navigated away from this page, make sure you’re on the page you designated as the catalog home page. Click the Edit button in the upper right.
- Click the Upload a New Banner button (shown in the following figure) and select your banner image.
- In the Add a Banner URL box, type the web page address that you want users to see when the click your catalog banner.
- Edit the description and other details for the catalog home page.
- When you’re done making changes, click the Save button in the upper right. Your banner image now appears on the catalog home page and on any collection or model that you add to the catalog.
See Uploading Catalog Content for details about uploading collections and models to your catalog with the bulk content uploading tools.