The Trimble Account Management Portal (AMP) is only for managing subscription plans where the purchased product is activated just by signing in. We started offering sign-in plans in 2018 for Shop and in 2019 for Pro. The sign-in subscription plans found in the AMP do not have or need serial numbers.
Please note that your AMP access and contents may be slightly different based on where and how you purchased your subscription, depending on whether it was purchased directly from sketchup.com or from one of our resellers. If you purchased directly from a Sales Representative, you may need to contact them for some of the functions listed below.
Table of Contents
Account Management - Overview
From the Trimble Account Manager, you can see the Plans associated with your account, your Payment History, and you can make changes to your Account. If the license is for multiple users, you can also see all members managed by the account. If you’ve purchased a user subscription through the SketchUp Store, then visiting the Trimble Account Management Portal will show you something similar to this:
In the lower right corner of your plan, you’ll see a launcher to bring you to your product.
Assign the Correct End-User - No More Pro Trial Message!
Whether you need to assign yourself or someone else as the end-user for the plan, most people get to this page because the end-user is still seeing the Trial message in Pro. The person who purchases a plan is the admin for the account, but they aren’t necessarily the end-user. The solution is found in the Members tab:
- Click on the "Members" tab on the left lower menu.
- Select your purchased plan from the top boxes. This is the step people tend to skip over if they have more than one box up there. Also, sometimes a Pro plan doesn’t just say Pro - it even might say something about a Rep or Channel and Renewal, but go ahead and click it anyway.
- If an incorrect end-user email is in the "Members" section at the bottom, then hover your mouse to the right of the email to activate the small X button to remove the current email address. If this email is the account admin email, it won’t remove admin privileges, just the SketchUp product access.
Most admins don’t need the search bar - it was put there for the company with 100 user emails, so they don’t need to scroll around when searching for someone.
Once you have a user seat empty, click the blue "+Assign" button to add the new end-user email address and name, and then click "Add" to finish this step.
You’re done! The end-user might need to wait a little while or sign out and in again to trigger the change. If they haven’t created a Trimble ID sign-in account, they’ll be sent a link to create one, and it’s best if they click that link within 72 hours.
Add or Subtract the Number of End-Users
- To change the number of total users in the plan, click on the "Members" tab on the left.
- Click on your purchased Plan (make sure "Free" isn’t selected) at the top.
- Click on the blue "Edit Subscription" button on the right.
- Click the - and + buttons to alter the user number and click the blue "Next" button to go to the Store to finish the purchase.
- Make sure to agree to the Terms and Conditions before trying to finish the store purchase.
Upgrade your Plan from Shop (or Pro) to Pro or Studio
If you want to upgrade, this is a quick and easy process! Also, upgrading means that you don’t need to request a refund for the initial purchase, as the prorated amount from the original plan will be applied to the cost of the upgraded plan! The prorated price will be shown on the last screen in the online store.
- Click on "Plans" on the left lower menu.
- Click the blue "Edit Plan" button on whichever plan you wish to upgrade.
- Click one of the blue "Choose Plan" buttons for the desired Plan upgrade and then click "Continue." This will take you to a confirmation window. If it looks correct, click on "Yes" and you’ll be taken to a Shopping Cart.
- Once you’ve confirmed the correct credit card, click the checkbox to the left of the Terms and Conditions line and then click the "Submit" button.
- You’ll see a confirmation message and then you’ll get an email confirmation that will link you back to the Trimble Account Management Portal.
Cancelling Auto-Renew and Refunding Plans
If you disable auto renew for your plan, your subscription will not automatically renew for the following year. However, you will be able to access the products and features in your plan for the remainder of your subscription term.
Per our Refund policy, we can only offer refunds if you make your request through our Customer Support form within 14 days of the purchase transaction. When contacting us, please include the purchasing email address, the account number, and the purchase date.
- To disable your plan’s auto-renewal, start in the "Plans" tab on the left menu.
- Click on the blue "Edit Plan" button.
- Click to uncheck ‘Auto renew my subscription at the end of renewal date’ at the bottom and click "Continue."
- On the confirmation window, click "Yes" to confirm, and then "Okay" at the Success window.
Signed In to Too Many Computers? "Deauthorize All" to Free Up ActivationsThe "De-authorize All" option will remove your subscription authorization from all devices on which it’s been installed. This option has a limit of once every 90 days. You can see this option at the bottom of your plan on the Plans page. If you run into any issues with this, let us know!
You’re able to track all subscription transactions made with this Trimble Account. Note that this will not include purchases of a "classic" license (the ones with a serial number). If you need your invoice/receipt, please check your spam folder for the original, but you can request another copy of it by contacting Customer Service and including the account number and purchasing email address.
Account Settings - Change the Billing Info
If you purchased with a credit card from Trimble, your subscription will automatically renew until you disable automatic renewals. If your renewal fails due to an expired credit card or failed transaction, you have a 5-day grace period to resolve the issue. During this grace period, you’ll see the following message in a pop-up on the right side of the SketchUp model window saying:
This SketchUp license will expire in X days. Please update your license to SketchUp.
You can update your personal or company information under Account Settings, including billing details and credit card information.
Edit Profile or Remove Your Sign-in Account
Editing the Profile does not let you change the account owner. We hope to roll out that feature in the future, but it’s not currently an option.
Any other questions?
If you think something else should be on this page, please provide the link to this article in a Help Ticket and tell us what other subscription management questions you have!