Styles are shared in
.style files that can be opened by any copy of SketchUp 6 or later. You must create a
.style file to share a style with others. To share a style:
- Create a new folder/directory on your computer to contain your shared styles.
- Select Window > Styles.
- Open the Styles dialog box in the Default Tray.
- On the Select tab, choose In Model from the Styles Collections drop-down list.
- Context-click the style name you would like to share, and select Save As from the menu that appears.
- In the Save As dialog box, navigate to the folder/directory you created in Step 1.
- Type a name for the style in the File name field.
- Click the Save button. The style file is saved to your newly created folder/directory. You can now share this style file with others.
To open a
.style file that a friend has shared with you, follow these steps:
- Create a new folder on your computer. Name the folder something simple, for example Shared Styles.
- Copy and paste the
.stylefile in the folder that you created in Step 1.
- Open SketchUp and select Window > Styles.
- Open SketchUp then open the Styles dialog box in the Default Tray.
- Click the Details arrow () on the Select tab and choose Open or Create a CollectionOpen an existing collection....
- Browse to and select the folder created in Step 1.
- Click OpenOKSelect Folder.