To get started, download and install the V-Ray for SketchUp extension. You can download the Common Installer from the "My Products" page for your account.
First, confirm your system fulfills these requirements before installing V-Ray.
Note: V-Ray is only supported for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit version of SketchUp.
|Processor||Intel* 64, AMD64 or compatible processor with SSE4.2 support|
|RAM||Minimum 8 GB RAM, recommended 16 GB RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||minimum 2GB, recommended 12GB (includes additional downloadable content)|
|TCP/IP||Only IPv4 is supported. IPv6 is currently not supported|
|Operating System||Windows 10, Windows 11|
|SketchUp||SketchUp 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023|
|GPU Support||Maxwell-, Pascal-, Volta-, Turing- and Ampere- based NVIDIA card with latest recommended video driverV-Ray Vision requires a Graphics card with DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 and Shader Model 5.0 capabilities.|
Adding V-Ray to SketchUp
If you already downloaded SketchUp, you can follow these steps below to install V-Ray for SketchUp
- Download the V-Ray for SketchUp installer, available in your Account Management Portal.
- After the download completes, locate the installer and double-click to launch.
- Please review the license agreement and click Next for your installation options.
- When prompted, select the version of SketchUp you are using.
- Select Install to use the default installation options.
- Select Advanced to specify if you want to install Chaos Swarm and licensing options. V-Ray for SketchUp requires the Local option for licensing.
- After installation you'll see options to open the release notes file or share anonymous data with Chaos Group.
- Click Done to close the installer.
- Launch SketchUp. A V-Ray for SketchUp Studio page will appear.
- Click Sign in with Trimble and enter your Trimble ID and password.
Warning: If you do not follow the installation instructions in this article, or do not have a Studio entitlement, you will receive an error message.
Clicking Yes on this message directs you to the Chaos License Server. Use your Trimble ID to sign-in on that page. If you have a Studio entitlement this will link your account. If you do not, you will be notified there is not a license associated with your Trimble account.