Using SketchUp for iPad's Shadows () panel you can designate how parts of your model cast their shadow or even see how the sun would cast shadows on or around a geolocated model.
The Shadows panel helps you control shadows in your model using the following options:
- Shadows - Toggles used to turn shadows off or on, and adjust how they are cast:
- On Face - Cast shadows on other faces.
- On Ground - Cast shadows on the ground plane.
- From Edges - Controls whether edges that are not associated with a face cast a shadow
- Use sun for shading - When toggled on, SketchUp's simulated sun shades parts of your model even if shadows are toggled off.
- Timezone - A drop-down box allowing you to choose a specific time zone.
- Time/Date - Sliders allowing you to select a specific time or date.
- Light/Dark - Sliders controlling how light illuminated areas appear and how dark shaded or shadowed areas appear.
- Add location - Opens a tool to help you geolocate your model.
For more information on using shadows in your model, see Casting Real-World Shadows.