in the 3D Warehouse
- I work for a construction company in the computer graphics & visualization department. Can I use models from 3D Warehouse to populate construction scenes?
Answer: Yes. You can use models from 3D Warehouse to populate construction scenes.
- As a professional designer, I get paid to create deliverables such as SketchUp models that contain objects I downloaded from 3D Warehouse. Is that OK?
- I'm an architect. Can I sell my designs which include models from 3D Warehouse?
Answer: Yes, so long as the models you downloaded from 3D Warehouse are not transferred or sold as stand-alone items.
- I am a reseller of household appliances. I want to use models of manufacturers' appliances from 3D Warehouse in my marketing materials. Is that permitted?
Answer: Yes, so long as they are not transferred as stand-alone items and trademarks and logos are maintained and are not removed or altered.
- Can I incorporate models from 3D Warehouse into my website for use by my members?
Answer: No, this is impermissible aggregation.
- Can I include models from 3D Warehouse in the research project I am publishing?
Answer: No, this is impermissible aggregation. You need approval of each developer.
- If I upload a model to 3D Warehouse, will I be paid each time a user downloads it or uses it?
Answer: No, you are granting a royalty-free license to each user and may not charge a fee to download a model at this time.
- If I upload a model to 3D Warehouse, am I giving away my intellectual property rights in the model I created?
- Can I prevent users from modifying a model I upload to 3D Warehouse? Can I prevent users from uploading that modified model to 3D Warehouse and claiming ownership in the modified model?
Answer: No to both questions. You will retain ownership in the original model.
- Can I download a model, modify it and then upload the modified model as my own?
Answer: Yes, but note that the unmodified version will still be owned by the original developer. The original developer will also continue to own any unmodified portions of the original model you include in your model.
- Can I reverse engineer a model I downloaded from 3D Warehouse?
Answer: Only if the developer provides public access to the source material to the model.
- Can I print a model on a 3D printer?
Answer: Yes. But the commercial sale of exact, physical reproductions of models is not permitted.
- Can I use a 3D Warehouse model or its image in my company logo?
- Can I sell my 3D models on another website? Can I place a link to that other website on 3D Warehouse?
Answer: Yes, to the first question. No, to the second question.
- Is 3D Warehouse really as awesome as everyone says?
Answer: We cannot confirm or deny the awesomeness of 3D Warehouse.