Rotated Rectangle Tool
The Rotated Rectangle () tool comes in handy when drawing a rectangle whose face is at an angle to the axes or other geometry.
In SketchUp for iPad, the Rotated Rectangle tool has the following optional tool modes:
- Inference Locks - Selecting one of these optional tool modes restricts drawing to a specific inference point:
- Lock X () - The X axis or Red plane.
- Lock Y () - The Y axis or Green plane.
- Lock Z () - The Z axis or Blue plane.
- Lock Parallel () - Parallel to the selection or the last line drawn.
iPad Input Methods for the Rotated Rectangle Tool
After choosing the Rotated Rectangle tool and activating any optional tool modes, you can use one of the iPad input methods in either Click-Move-Click or Just Draw mode.
Pencil or Multitouch - Establish the starting corner of your rectangle using a hard press. Gently moving allows you to find inferences. Hard press again to finish your rectangle.
Mouse or Trackpad - Click the starting corner and release. Move your cursor to the desired endpoint and click again.
Just Draw Mode
All Modes - Click or tap and hold at the starting point, then drag to your desired radius. Lift or release at the desired endpoint.