V-Ray 5 for SketchUp is a popular rendering package by Chaos Group, a 3rd party. Besides this extension for use with SketchUp, they have other rendering solutions as well which aren't part of the SketchUp Studio collection. We'll only be discussing the usage of V-Ray for SketchUp in this article.
To get started, you'll need to download and install V-Ray for SketchUp, then authorize it before you can dig in. Once you've done that, be sure to take advantage of the resources below:
Chaos Group, Official Resources
- V-Ray for SketchUp (Chaos Forum) - The Official Community from Chaos Group for their extension. Their community is a place to ask questions about usage, to report issues or to submit feature requests.
- Video Tutorials (Chaos Group) - Official tutorials for using all of the features of V-Ray for SketchUp.
- Getting Started Page (Chaos Group) - The Chaos Group Official getting started page with resources for new users.
SketchUp, Official Resources
- V-Ray for SketchUp Forum - SketchUp's community for V-Ray questions and usage.
- V-Ray for SketchUp Course (SketchUp Campus) - Our official Campus Course for learning to use V-Ray for SketchUp.
- Skillbuilder: V-Ray for SketchUp - Short lessons on using different parts of V-Ray for SketchUp.