Before getting started, you'll need to Download SketchUp if you haven't done so already.
- A single user license can only be used by the registered user.
- The registered user can authorize up to 2 personal computers.
After downloading the file, follow these steps to install SketchUp:
- Log in to the computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
- Double-click on the EXE install file.Windows Windows 7/Windows 8: right-click and select Run as an administrator.
- Click Next in the Welcome dialog box.
- Click on the I accept the terms of this license agreement button in the End User License Agreement if you agree to the terms.
- Click the Next button to install SketchUp in the default location.
- Click the Install button if you're satisfied with the settings.
- Click on the Finish button when prompted.Windows Windows 7/Windows 8: Be sure to close SketchUp Pro after installing prior to authorizing.
- Launch SketchUp once before logging out of the administrative user account. If you have a SketchUp Pro license, please be aware that you must authorize while logged in to an administrative account. See the links below for help authorizing.
- Double-click on the DMG install file. This will mount the installer drive and launch a Finder window.
- Click and drag the application to the Applications folder. You'll be asked to provide your user account password.
Authorizing SketchUp Pro
If you have a new SketchUp Pro license, or you're transferring SketchUp Pro to a new machine, choose the instructions below based on your license type and OS:
If you encounter issues during the authorization process, see our license troubleshooting topic for more assistance.