You can get a SketchUp Pro license in a few different ways:
- You can purchase an individual license.
- To share SketchUp Pro among employees in your business, you can purchase a network license.
- Students and schools may qualify for our educational licensing program. Nonprofit organizations may qualify for educational discounts, too.
- SketchUp Make users can download the SketchUp Pro free trial, buy a SketchUp Pro license, and then authorize the license in SketchUp Pro.
- You can upgrade your existing SketchUp Pro license to the current version. If you purchased your license from a reseller or with an education discount, see Upgrading your license later in this article.
- You can subscribe to the SketchUp for Web - Shop subscription for access.
If you have trouble purchasing a license, open a new browser window and try placing your order again. If that doesn’t help, contact our Sales team if you’re in North America. Outside of North America, check our list of registered resellers who can provide detailed information for purchasing in your area.
In the following sections, you find details about how you can use each type of license and how to upgrade a license. If you ordered a license but want to cancel your order, you learn how to do that, too.
Understanding your license type
You can use SketchUp Pro with a single-user license or a network license.
Here’s what you need to know about each license type:
- A single-user license works on up to two computers. Your constellation of devices doesn’t matter: You may have a computer running Windows and another running Mac OS X. You may want to download SketchUp Pro to both your desktop and laptop computers. As long as your computers are compatible with SketchUp Pro, your single-user license works on two computers. If you’re using a single-user license on two computers and want to move one instance of SketchUp Pro to a new or different computer, you need to remove the license on one computer before you can use it on another. See Authorizing and Removing a License for details. You receive a single-user license if you purchased an individual license at full price or have a student, educator, or laptop license through our education license program.
- A network license needs an active Internet connection or to be checked out. A network license has a pool of seats that some number of computers can use at the same time. For the license to work, your computer needs to have an active Internet connection as you run SketchUp Pro, or you need to check out a license seat. Like a single-user license, you can use a network license to run SketchUp Pro on a Windows or Mac OS X computer. Businesses with 10 or more copies of SketchUp Pro are eligible for a network license. Also schools with a network lab license are using a network license that expires after a year.
Upgrading your license
SketchUp licenses are specific to a version of SketchUp Pro (such as SketchUp Pro 2016 or SketchUp Pro 2015). To upgrade your current SketchUp Pro license to the most recent version of SketchUp Pro, follow these steps:
- Look up your license information. (See Finding Your License Information for help.)
- Check whether you can use the SketchUp Pro License Wizard.
- If your serial number ends in
ukm, then you purchased you license directly from SketchUp and can use the wizard. Skip to Step 3.
- If your license ends in anything else, then your current license is from a reseller. The Search for Reseller tool can help you contact your reseller about purchasing an upgrade.
- If you purchased an education license directly from SketchUp, contact our Education Team to upgrade the license. You can’t upgrade your license via the upgrade wizard.
- If your serial number ends in
- Go to the SketchUp Pro License Wizard to purchase an upgrade.
- After you purchase the upgrade, check your email for new license information and a link to download the latest version of SketchUp Pro.
- Download, install, and authorize SketchUp Pro, using the new license information from your email.
- If you have a single-user license, the older version of SketchUp continues working on other computers, but you can’t use the old license to authorize new computers. Be sure to upgrade and add the license to those computers in order to continue using SketchUp Pro.
- If you have a network license, your old license stops working 60 days after the first network user authorizes SketchUp Pro with your upgraded license.
Cancelling a license
You have 30 days from the time of purchase (not the time of download) to return a SketchUp Pro commercial license for a full refund. After 30 days, you cannot obtain a refund.
To cancel your SketchUp Pro license, contact the Customer Support team.