Tabletop view allows you to set a scaled hologram of your model in front of you, allowing you to view it from every side, as shown in the following figure. You can walk around your model in real space and view it in full 3D, as if it were sitting in front of you.
After you open and place a model, it appears in Tabletop view by default. If you’re in Immersive view, air tap the Return to Tabletop icon ().
To interact with the model in Tabletop view, follow these steps:
- Move your hand, with your index finger extended, into your view (also known as the Ready gesture) and direct your gaze over the model. You see the Toolbar icon, as shown in the following figure.
- Air tap the model. The Model Viewer toolbar appears, as shown in the following figure.
- Air tap the Move icon () or whatever icon appears in its space.
- Select an option to move, scale, or rotate the model. Or change the model’s anchor. The following list explains how each action works.
- When you’re done viewing the model, air tap the Main Menu icon () to see the model’s main menu, or tap the Home icon () to close the current model and return to the Home Screen.
Here’s how the interactions work:
- Move: Air tap the Move option, and then you can tap and drag to move your model along its anchored surface.
- Scale: Air tap Scale (), and you see a list of preset scale options. Use these commands to set a specific scale for your model. Or tap the Custom tab, and you can define a custom scale.
Tip: Alternately, while the Scale command is active, tap and drag vertically on your model to manually define a nonstandard scale.
- Rotate: To spin the model around on its origin, air tap Rotate (). Tap and drag horizontally on your model to spin the model.
- Anchor: Air tap the Anchor option () to set your model on a new surface. After you choose the Anchor command, the model attaches to your cursor. Move the cursor onto the new surface and air tap to place the model.