Some users are seeing an issue with a failure to activate their V-Ray license in Studio. This is a known issue for users who have previously installed V-Ray on their computer with a different email. You'll need to sign out and uninstall Chaos license server. To get V-Ray working, just follow these are the steps:
- Make sure you have a valid Studio (either Trial or Subscription) entitlement. You can check on that via the Help menu at the top of SketchUp, then clicking on Manage Licensing. (see the below screenshot)
- Using this link, please revoke and reassign the subscription to the intended user.
- Have that user open http://localhost:30304 in their web browser.
- Sign Out of the Chaos License Server by clicking "Online Licensing" at the top of the page, then "Sign Out".
- Navigate to this page and click the "Continue with Trimble" button
- Sign in with the Trimble ID that's associated with your subscription.
- Open SketchUp, and sign out and back in to SketchUp.
If the issue persists, please follow these steps:
- Uninstall Chaos License Server (from Control panel -> Programs and features).
- Important! Open "This PC (My Computer)" and navigate to
C:\Program files\Common files\ChaosGroupand delete the "ssl" folder.
- Log in to the Chaos website to download the license server from here.
Note: You'll need to log in with the same email address that was used for your SketchUp Studio subscription.
- Locate the downloaded installer and double click to install.
- During the installation click on Customize and uncheck the box "Activate during installation", then click on Install now.
If you see any error messages click on the Ignore button (lower left side).
- After the installation is finished open http://localhost:30304 in your web browser and try activating the Online licensing with your account again.