SketchUp has the option to be run silently for distributed installations. You won't need this option unless you're deploying SketchUp on a large scale. If you're working with larger installations and a network license, be sure to read our article on that subject as well: Managing a Network License.
Please note, this is an advanced procedure and should only be handled by your network administrator.
Offline Silent Installation
Before running a silent install offline you will need to make sure the following prerequisites are installed:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.23.27820
- KB2999226 - Windows 7 Only
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
Default Silent Installation
Use the following steps to install SketchUp with English as the default language and C:\Program Files\ as the installation path:
- Download a SketchUp 2023 installer. The full installer includes all of the language packs.
- From an elevated command line or script run
In Windows, you can use the search box inside the Start menu. Type cmd and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to launch the command prompt elevated.
- Installation takes a few minutes and during this time no additional windows open.
Custom Silent Installation
For customized installs; you can specify the language, features and/or the install destination path.
- FEATURES adds languages or Studio features.
- INSTALLDIR specifies the install destination.
|Studio Feature Code||Feature|
|vray||V-Ray for SketchUp|
|scan_essentials||Scan Essentials for SketchUp|
|revit_importer||Revit importer for SketchUp|
1 Studio features may require additional licensing.
2 Studio features do not support custom installation directories, only SketchUp does.
|en_only||English only (when installing on a non-English OS)|
The InstallShield.log created during installation can be found in the directory where you ran the installation. This log can contain information useful for troubleshooting.