After launching SketchUp Viewer, you can open a model from the Home Screen. Follow these steps:
- Click the Home icon () to see the models saved locally to the app, alongside any models you’ve published to 3D Warehouse. Select the 3D Warehouse icon () to search 3D Warehouse for models, or choose the Trimble Connect icon () for models saved there. Click the Folder icon () to browse your computer or hard drive. Navigating the Home Screen has details about how to access the different areas of the Home Screen.
- (Optional) Clicking the model’s Information icon () will open a screen that enables you to set the model’s default scale.
- Click the model that you want to open. Your model begins loading in virtual space, as shown in the following figure.
- At the prompt, click where you want to anchor your model. The model’s anchor places the bottom center of the model’s bounding box. Moving the controller allows you to shift where you want to place the bottom center of the model.
After you open and anchor a model, you can interact with the model in Tabletop mode or Immersive mode.
To close a model, follow these steps:
- Point the controller at the model and click the trigger when the Toolbar icon appears, as shown in the following figure. The Model Viewer toolbar opens.
- Click the Home icon () to close your model. The viewer asks whether you want to close your model, as shown in the following figure. Click Yes to close the model and return to the Home Screen. Click No to close the dialog box and remain in the current model.