After you open SketchUp Viewer for HoloLens, you can open a model from the Home Screen. Follow these steps:
- Air tap the Saved Models icon () to see the models saved locally to your HoloLens or select the 3D Warehouse icon () or the Trimble Connect icon () for models saved in those locations. Navigating the SketchUp Viewer Interface in HoloLens has details about how to access the different areas of the Home Screen.
- (Optional) Air tap the model’s info icon to access a screen that enables you set the model’s default scale.
- Air tap the model that you want to open. Your model begins loading in HoloLens, as shown in the following figure.
- At the prompt, air tap where you want to anchor your model. The model’s anchor places the bottom center of the model’s bounding box. For example, you can anchor your model to a table, a desk, or the floor. As you view a model, you can change the anchor anytime.
To close a model, follow these steps:
- Move your hand with your index finger extended into your view and gaze into the space around the model (not at the model).
- Air tap the Toolbar icon that appears, as shown in the following figure, and you see the Model Viewer toolbar.
- Air tap the Home icon () to close your model. The viewer asks whether you want to close your model, as shown in the following figure. If you air tap Yes, you return to the Home Screen.