In addition to the VR device and your desktop computer, the setup process requires downloading and installing the SketchUp Viewer for VR app from the My Apps page when signed in to https://www.sketchup.com/download/my-apps. Both the My Apps page, and the SketchUp Viewer app itself require you to Sign In to use the application. As such, you will also need to create a Trimble Account–if you haven’t already. To learn more about Trimble Accounts you can visit our Help Center article on the subject.
SketchUp Viewer for VR is designed to give you the ability to freely launch the app and explore any demo files that are included. In order to open and work with your own models, you will need to have an active SketchUp Pro or SketchUp Studio subscription. Alternatively, if you’d simply like to try out the application, you can initiate a free, 30-day trial of SketchUp Studio, which includes trial access to all of the Mobile|AR|VR Viewer apps.
With the AR/VR Extension for SketchUp Pro, you can publish the models you’re working on in SketchUp directly to any AR|VR devices on your network that are running the SketchUp Viewer app. . The extension isn’t required but will surely enhance the experience of viewing your models with your VR Device.
Here's how to get started with each of these apps:
- SketchUp Viewer for VR on HTC Vive or Oculus Rift:
- Make sure you have a Trimble Account.
- Visit your "My Apps" page to download the demo.
- Download and install the SketchUp Viewer for VR app.
- (optional): To fully unlock the app, subscribe to SketchUp Pro or SketchUp Studio, or kick off a 30-day SketchUp Studio trial.
- SketchUp Pro: If you don’t have SketchUp Pro installed on your desktop computer, you can download the software.
- The AR/VR Extension for SketchUp Pro: After you have SketchUp up and running, you’ll want to install the AR/VR extension from Extension Warehouse. For an introduction to SketchUp extensions, see Getting Started in the Extension Warehouse. For details about installing an extension, see Adding Extensions to SketchUp.