This message indicates that SketchUp Pro can't generate a license file in the shared folder that you created. To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following steps to test the the permissions of the shared folder:
- Log in to a computer with the user name and password of someone who will be using SketchUp Pro.
- Click "Start" (on Vista click the Windows button) > "All Programs" > "Accessories" > "Notepad."
- When Notepad opens, type a few letters, and then click "File" > "Save."
- When prompted, browse to and select the shared folder you created.
- Enter a file name, and click "Save."
- If you can't successfully save the file, folder's permissions aren't correctly set. Please note that users need full read and write access to the folder. Test again after making changes to the permissions to verify that you can successfully save and delete the file.
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp # or
C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp # for SketchUp Pro 2013 and newer
C:\ProgramData\Google\Google SketchUp # or
C:\Program Files\Google\Google SketchUp # for SketchUp Pro 8 and older
For more information about sharing folders in Windows, click here to see Microsoft's documentation on the subject.
For step-by-step instructions on setting up a network license, click here.