SketchUp can be a graphics-intensive program. Getting your work done can be difficult if graphics performance is slow or choppy.
If you are experiencing performance issues, please review our Hardware and Software Requirements. If your system meets those requirements and you are still experiencing performance issues these articles may help:
- SketchUp and OpenGL - An overview of OpenGL and why it's important when running SketchUp.
- Logitech Mouse Issues - A known issue, and a fix, for Logitech mouse performance.
- Unknown Graphics Card - What to do when your computer can't detect an installed graphics card.
- Graphics Cards and Drivers - Know what we mean when we refer to a graphics card or driver.
- Recommended Graphics Cards - Some recommendations and things to look for when it comes to graphics cards.
- Identify Your Graphics Card - Instructions on how a PC user can find their graphics card.
- Updating Graphics Drivers - Instructions on how to update your graphics drivers.
- Sticky Camera Movement - How to handle camera performance issues when a model is rendering.
- Troubleshooting ATI/AMD Related Crashes - What to do when you have an ATI or AMD graphics card and experience a crash when launching SketchUp, saving a model, or working in a model.