BugSplat (www.bugsplatsoftware.com) is a third-party software application that is integrated in LayOut to help improve the quality of the product. BugSplat helps us troubleshoot unrecoverable LayOut errors or crashes. BugSplat provides a mechanism for you to send information about all crashes to us for troubleshooting.
In the rare event that LayOut crashes, you see a dialog box that gives you the option to send us the information regarding the crash. If you decide to send the information, the following details are collected:
- Your version of the LayOut executable
- Your language setting, such as English
- A stack trace of the bug that enables us to see the exact line of code where LayOut crashed
- A list of LayOut code dependencies
- (optional) Your name and email address
- (optional) A description of what you were doing before the crash
Note: On the BugSplat Software website, you can find a security statement that assures BugSplat clients that the information on our crashes (e.g., how many we have, and so on) is protected. The preceding information is all that we collect.