After leaving Google and joining Trimble, we started offering more frequent improvements, bug fixes, and new features. To easily stay up to date with the latest and greatest that SketchUp Pro has to offer, we offer an upgrade, maintenance, and support program.
Why we created this program
- Predictable expenses: We’ve heard from many companies that it’s difficult to upgrade SketchUp Pro after a release because they couldn’t budget for the upgrade cost. Now, with predictable spending on this program, companies can get the best of what SketchUp has to offer when a new version becomes available.
- New Features: We committed to our customers that we will continue to work on development of new features and functionality. By offering an upgrade, maintenance, and support program, we’re putting the pressure on ourselves to deliver power-packed improvements to the SketchUp Pro offering.
- More Support: We’re bringing phone support back! If you’re encountering an issue installing or authorizing SketchUp Pro, let us know and we’ll be happy to help out. Providing help via phone for installation and licensing issues is just the beginning, you can also contact us via email for additional issues.. Please refer to your email with the upgrade, maintenance, and support information for contact details. Of course, we will continue to provide the same great Knowledge Center, Help Forum, and email support that has always been available.
- How do I purchase the program and how much does SketchUp cost?
- What if my upgrade, maintenance, and support program expires?
- Will SketchUp remind me when my program is close to expiring?
- Is the program optional when purchasing a new SketchUp Pro license?
- If I skip upgrading between versions will I have to purchase a brand new, full price license?
- Can I renew my upgrade, maintenance, and support program before my current program expires?
- Are SketchUp Pro resellers offering the program as well?
How do I purchase the program and how much does SketchUp cost?
If you’re buying a new Classic SketchUp Pro "single-user" license, the program will automatically be included in your purchase for total cost of $695 (before taxes). This cost will include the perpetual Pro license, plus one year of any new upgrades, maintenance, and support. This means that you would also receive an upgrade to the next major versions of SketchUp Pro when and if they become available at no extra charge (as long as your upgrade, maintenance, and support program is still active).
If you’re upgrading from an older version of Pro to the latest version of SketchUp Pro, you can upgrade your single-user license for $120* or network licenses for $400* per seat by visiting our online License Wizard. You will receive the same benefits as a new customer: a current perpetual SketchUp Pro license and one year of major version upgrades, maintenance, and support. Network license owners who need to add seats to an existing license should contact our sales team.
What if my upgrade, maintenance, and support program expires?
It’s important to note that your SketchUp Pro license will always work for the version of Pro that you paid for. SketchUp Pro licenses will not stop working when your upgrade, maintenance, and support program expires. For example, if you purchased a new license for SketchUp Pro 2019 on December 1st, 2019, you would get a perpetual Pro 2019 license that would not expire. You would also get upgrades, maintenance, and support until November 30th, 2020 (i.e. one year after the purchase). If you would like to join the maintenance and support plan after your plan has expired for more than 30 days, there would be a $60 reinstatement fee, and you would start a new twelve-month support term.
To continually get the annual SketchUp Pro upgrades, maintenance, and support, year after year, you will need to renew the program again for $120 per year for single-user licenses and $400 per year per seat for network licenses. Don't worry, we'll let you know when you're nearing the end of your program via email to the license email address associated with your SketchUp Pro license, so that you have time to renew if you choose to do so.
Will SketchUp remind me when my program is close to expiring?
Yes. We will send email reminders to the license email address associated with your SketchUp Pro license when your upgrade, maintenance, and support program is nearing the end of its term.
Is the program optional when purchasing a new SketchUp Pro license?
At this time, the maintenance, upgrade, and support program is bundled into the new license cost, and it is not optional for the initial classic license purchase. After your first year of maintenance & support, it is optional.
If I skip upgrading between versions will I have to purchase a brand new, full price license?
No. If you skip upgrading for one year, you would pay an upgrade cost of $120 for single-user license or $400 per seat for network license, plus the enrollment fee of $60. The total cost will be $180 (Single User) and $600 (Network User) respectively, if upgrading after skipping the upgrade for one year or more.
Can I renew my upgrade, maintenance, and support program before my current program expires?Yes. You can renew your program from our online upgrade page. Renewing early does not shorten the end date of the program. For example, if you enrolled in the program on December 1st, 2017 (which would expire November 30th, 2018), and you renewed ten months later, the end date of your program would simply move from November 30th, 2018 to November 30th, 2019.
Are SketchUp Pro resellers offering the program as well?
Yes. Resellers are offering the upgrade, maintenance, and support program as well as the subscription model of SketchUp Pro, and they will continue to provide support for their customers. Contact your SketchUp Pro reseller for more information.