Because SketchUp for Web is a web-based application, the features for opening, saving, and other file-management tasks are quite different from most desktop applications. The following sections guide you through basic tasks like saving, opening, uploading, and downloading 3D models.
Table of Contents
Saving a model
To save a model from SketchUp for Web to Trimble Connect, follow these steps:
- After you begin creating your new model, click Untitled or Save in the upper left. Or, you can click the File Operations icon () and select Save As. However you begin to save, the Trimble Connect panel opens. Note: The first time you save, you will be prompted to sign into your Trimble Account. If you don't have a Trimble Account, click the Create Trimble ID button. In lieu of a Trimble ID, you can also sign in using a Google Account by clicking the Sign in with Google button.
- On the Trimble Connect panel that appears, type a name for your model, as shown in the following figure.
- Click the Save Here button.
After you make changes to a saved model in SketchUp for Web, a Save option appears in the upper left, as shown in the following figure. Click Save to keep your changes.
Opening a model
To open a model you’ve saved to Trimble Connect, follow these steps:
- In SketchUp for Web, click the Open Model/Preferences icon (). Or click the File Operations icon () and select Open.
- On the Trimble Connect panel that appears, click the SketchUp folder to open it (if it's not already open).
- Select the model you want to open.
- In the panel that appears, click the Open button, as shown in the following figure.
Uploading and downloading models
To upload a model from your hard drive to your Trimble Connect account through SketchUp for Web, follow these steps:
- Click the Open Model/Preferences icon ().
- On the Trimble Connect panel that appears, make sure the SketchUp folder is open (or the subfolder where you want to save the model).
- At the top of the panel, click Add Model.
- Drag your model file to the area that appears. Or click the Browse button, navigate to the file on your hard drive, and click Open. After your model uploads, it appears on the panel.
Downloading a model to your hard drive is simple: click the File Operations icon () , select the Download, and then select a file type for your download (SKP or STL). Give the file a moment to download, and then look for the file in your Downloads folder (or wherever you save downloaded files).
The syncing features work with the Trimble Connect Desktop application to sync files between Trimble Connect and your desktop computer. See the Trimble Connect Help Center for details.