Whether you’re in Tabletop view or Immersive view, you can measure dimension in a model. In a collaborative session, you can measure dimensions whether you’re the presenter or an attendee.
To measure a dimension while in either view, follow these steps:
- Move your hand, with your index finger extended, into your view (also known as the Ready gesture) and direct your gaze over the model. You see the Toolbar icon.
- Air tap the model. The Model Viewer toolbar appears.
- Air tap the Tape Measure icon ().
- At the prompt, move your cursor over the beginning point for your measurement and air tap.
- Move your cursor over the second point of your measurement and air tap. A measurement appears on your model, as shown in the following figure.
After you add a dimension, it appears in the dimension list on the Main Menu. The dimensions are listed on the menu when you’re in dimensions mode. On the dimension list, you can choose to hide or delete individual dimensions, or use the commands at the top to hide or delete all dimensions in the Model.