The SketchUp Mobile Viewer for iOS and Android is a great way to download and view your public or private SketchUp models that have been uploaded to the 3D Warehouse, Trimble Connect, or Dropbox. You can also transfer files directly to your phone or tablet (for example, via iTunes on iOS), or by opening SketchUp file attachments that were sent via email. To get started, let's take a look at what you will see once you launch the app:
SketchUp Mobile Viewer - iPad
SketchUp Mobile Viewer - Android Phone
The SketchUp Mobile Viewer starts with one model on the Home screen. From here, you have a few options. In no particular order:
- A. Tap the “Dance Center” model. This will open the viewer and you can explore what it’s like to navigate through a model — a great place to start.
- B. Tap the Hamburger menu in the top left corner, then tap Accounts. This is where you can sign into your 3D Warehouse, Dropbox, or Trimble Connect accounts. After you sign in to your 3D Warehouse account, your private and public models will automatically appear on the Home screen.
- C. Tap the Cloud menu in the top right corner, then tap the web service you’d like to use: 3D Warehouse, Dropbox, or Trimble Connect. If you select Dropbox or Trimble Connect, you’ll be asked to sign in to your account first. 3D Warehouse can be viewed whether or not you’ve already signed in.
If you went with option A, you may want to move on to this Knowledge Center article about viewing models with the SketchUp Mobile Viewer.
If you went with option B and signed into your 3D Warehouse account, for example, you’ll notice that your Public and Private models will fill the Home screen. Let’s review some of the other buttons you will find on the Home screen:
User Interface Overview
- Hamburger menu . Here you’ll find:
- Account menu for managing sign in/out
- Version information
- Support links (to Knowledge Center articles like this one)
- Legal information
- Search / : Searching is a great way to find models when you’ve got a lot of them. When you search from the Home screen, the search results will only show models that are on the Home screen. (The 3D Warehouse panel and Dropbox panel have their own search features.)
- Sort / : Sorting models can be a great way to find what you’re looking for. The sort options vary depending on whether you’re sorting models on the Home screen or a Cloud service. To learn more, visit Accessing Your Models.
- Filter / : Whereas sorting offers different ways to view all of your content, Filtering allows you to only see certain kinds of content, such as models, collections, files, or folders. Again, the filter options vary depending on which Cloud service you’re reviewing. To learn more, visit Accessing Your Models.
- List / Thumbnail View toggle (Phone only): You may find that all those thumbnails take up a lot of room on the Home screen when using the Mobile Model Viewer on a phone. Tap this this icon to toggle how the models are displayed – either in List view or Thumbnail view.
- Cloud menu : Tapping the cloud opens a menu of web services that can connect to. At this time, those services include 3D Warehouse, Trimble Connect, and Dropbox.