How to Get Help
This article provides information on what to do if you need help with PreDesign.
You can use this article to find out how to get help if:
- You can't login to PreDesign
- PreDesign isn't working
- You want to tell us about problems or bugs
- You want to suggest new features or improvements you'd like us to make.
Trouble logging into PreDesign?
If you're having trouble logging in, please check this page first.
Links to communication paths in PreDesign are all done through our help widget in the bottom right corner. When opening the widget, there are 2 tabs. Feedback and Guides opens the following options.
The widget also offers a link to a searchable index of all our support articles and help content.
The help center articles and forum is the best place to go if you want help to understand how to use PreDesign (or how to interpret results).
PreDesign is not working!
If PreDesign is not working for you at all, then it's best to go to the forum first.
Here we advise customers if there are any downtime issues in the product. In that case you should also get information as to when the situation is expected to be over.
Bug Reports are a way to tell us where something isn't working. The Bug Report form consists of a survey that, once completed, is sent to our R&D team. We meet on a regular basis to go through reports submitted by our users. It's important to be aware that this is not an avenue to get direct help with an issue.
You can tell us about anything that you don't think is working in your bug report, but here are some good examples of things we'd like to know:
- If you think you're having page loading / access issues that are not explainable by downtime notices;
- If there is something wrong with the layout of the screen;
- If you don't think the results are correct or the advice we are providing is good
- If something is not working for you as intended in PreDesign.
Feature requests are a way for you to tell us about things that you would like PreDesign to be able to do. The Feature request workflow consists of a survey that, once completed, is sent to our Product team.
We meet on a regular basis to go through Feature Requests submitted by our users. As with bug reports, it's important to be aware that this is not an avenue to get direct help with an issue - it could be a week or more before we read your feature request.
You can tell us about anything that you would like us to do with PreDesign or the kinds of studies that it provides. Some examples of feature requests could be things like:
- New types of analysis you want;
- Changes / additions to the way information is presented;
- Improvements to workflows, for example, how we output information
- Suggestions for interacting with other products you use
The Product team for PreDesign are not the same people as the Product team for SketchUp's 3D modelling software and other applications.