SketchUp Pro has a number of features that access the internet for full functionality, these features require a Trimble ID login which you'll need to create. Once you've created a Trimble ID, you'll still need to sign in to activate the features. To create your Trimble ID, if you haven't already, be sure to read our article "Creating a Trimble ID" and follow the steps there.
Once you've created your Trimble ID, you'll be able to Sign In following the process below:
- Click the Profile icon in the top right corner of the document window and choose "Sign In".
- This will open a new tab in your default browser to let you sign in, you'll have two options; Sign in with your email address, or sign in with Google.
- Enter your desired email address and click "Next", if you've already created a Trimble ID with this email address then you can skip to step 7, otherwise continue to step 4.
- If you're entered an email address that isn't tied to a Trimble ID then you'll be prompted for additional information;
Password must contain:
-A digit [ 0-9 ]
-A combination of lower & uppercase letters [ aA-zZ ]
-A special character [ [email protected]#$%&*^_-+ ]
- After entering the required fields you'll be sent an email to activate the account.
- Activating the account will then give you the option to Sign In.
- Upon entering your password, or after activating your new account you'll see confirmation that you've signed in and may return to using SketchUp, now with the web features accessible.