To upload a SketchUp model to the 3D Warehouse:
- (SketchUp) Open the model you'd like to upload to the 3D Warehouse.
- (SketchUp) Use SketchUp's Camera tools (Orbit, Pan and Zoom) to capture a view of your model that you would like to appear in the 3D Warehouse.
- Select File > 3D Warehouse > Share Model. A "Sign in" page appears.
- If you're logged in already you'll see a permission request screen. You can sign out of that account and sign into a different account. If you're not signed in, enter your Google Account email address in the 'Email' field and your password in the 'Password' field.
- Click the Sign In button. This will bring up a 'SketchUp is requesting permission' dialog.
- Click Allow access to proceed with the upload. The Sign in page closes and the 'Upload your model to 3D Warehouse' page is displayed.
- Fill in the 'title' field. Try to use terms that identifies your model from other models. For example, titling your model "bed" might cause it to be harder to find among all bed models. But, titling your model "queen bed" or "queen pillow-top bed" might better help people find it.
- Fill in the 'description' field. Descriptions should include any information about the model that might be useful to the user of the model. For example, for buildings you might add historical information, date the building was built, architectural style, and so on.
- Fill in the 'tags' field. tags are keywords or short phrases that describe your model. Tags make models easier to find during a search. Try to anticipate what terms searchers might use to find models like yours. Separate each tag with a comma (,).
- (optional) Fill in the 'address' field (only available if your model is geo-located).
- (optional) Select the Google Earth Ready checkbox (only available if your model is geo-located) if the model is an accurate representation of a structure in the world, and it can be correctly placed in Google Earth.
- (optional) Click on the plus sign next to "Additional content" (only available if your model is geo-located) to add additional information about your model.
- (optional) Fill in the 'website' field if you have a web page that contains more information about your model.
- (optional) Click on the 'Add a logo' link if there is a logo image, such as a company logo, to associate with your model
- (optional) Select the Allow anyone to view this model and see it in search results if you want everyone to be able to view and download your model. You can specify who can view your model if you do not select this checkbox.
- (optional) Select the Show list of links for containing collections to display a list of collections that contain this model.
- (optional) Select the Allow 3D warehouse users to contact me about this model to display a "Contact" button on your model's details page allowing others to contact you.
- Click on the Upload button to upload your model to the 3D Warehouse. Your model is uploaded and the 3D Warehouse Model Details page appears.
Note: Ensure your model complies with the 3D Warehouse Content Policies and the 3D Warehouse Terms of Service before uploading it to the 3D Warehouse.
Note: You must have a Google Account to upload models to the 3D Warehouse. Your Google Account login information is the same as your login for any Google product, including iGoogle, Gmail, Picasa Web Albums and Google Docs. If you haven't created an account yet, you can do so on the Accounts page.