A template file contains default
settings from the Model Info dialog box and base geometry. To create a
- Select File > New
to start a new SketchUp file.
- Modify the Model Info settings
to fit your particular needs. For example, you might want to set default
units and snaps, activate a ground plane, and set a geographic location.
- Modify the Preference settings
to fit your particular needs.
- (optionally) Draw any geometry
that you want to share among all of your models. For example, you might
want all of your models of houses to be created within the same starting
terrain (such as when you are creating models of houses within a housing
- Select File > Save As Template to save
the SketchUp file.
- Enter the template name, description, and filename.
- (optional) Select the 'Set as default template' checkbox to save this template as the default template (to load every time you load SketchUp).
Note: The template will appear in the Template panel of the Preferences dialog box (Window > Preferences on Microsoft Windows or SketchUp > Preferences on Mac OS X)