Drawing an inner tube
Search the Knowledge Center...
Advanced tasks, such as drawing a cone or inner tube, require experience with several SketchUp tools and features. You should be competent with the following tools and features before attempting to draw an inner tube:
- The Circle tool
- The Select tool
- The Follow-Me tool
One common way to draw a inner tube is:
- Draw a circle on the ground plane at the origin. This circle will be used as a path used to draw the sphere. The size of this circle does not matter.
- Use the Select tool to select the face of the circle and press the Delete key. The face is deleted.
- Select the Circle tool.
- Move the cursor to the origin. The cursor should snap to the origin.
- Move the cursor up the blue axis (above the circle on the ground plane). The cursor should turn green or red.
- Hold the Shift key to lock the Circle tool to lock the inference direction.
- While holding the Shift key, draw a circle, whose diameter will be the diameter of your inner tube, perpendicular to the first circle. This circle is the profile of the inner tube.
- Select the edge of the circle on the ground plane. This is your path.
- Select the Follow-Me tool.
- Click on the profile of the inner tube. An inner tube is created.