Annotations are common in design documents, such as those created with LayOut. To create annotations:
- Select the Text layer.
- Select the Label tool (). The cursor changes to an arrow with the text 'A1' ().
- Click on a detail in the model to place the starting point of the leader.
- Move the mouse from starting point to define the length of the leader.
- Click again to create a text box.
- Type text. Text will fill the width of the text box. The text box's length will grow as needed.
- Click outside of the text box to finish creating the label.
- Select Window > Scrapbooks. The Scrapbooks dialog box is displayed. The Scrapbook dialog box contains a list of all scrapbooks.
- Click on the scrapbooks drop-down list. A list of scrapbook documents appears. Scrapbook documents are LayOut documents (some with multiple pages) that contain pre-made elements for your documents. These documents can be modified just as any other LayOut document.
- Scroll down to the 'TB-Contemporary' scrapbook file. The first page of this scrapbook file is displayed.
- Click on one of the two drawing title graphics at the bottom of the first page.
- Move the cursor to the document area. The drawing title graphic follows.
- Click anywhere, such as below the model, to place the drawing title graphic. The drawing title graphic is a group, a combination of individual entities (two text strings and a image).
- Select the Select tool (). The cursor changes to an arrow ().
- Double-click on the group to edit entities in a group. All entities that are not in the group fade.
- Double-click on 'Drawing Title' to edit the text string. The text string highlights.
- Press the Delete Key. The text string disappears.
- Click twice outside of the drawing title graphic. The first click exits from editing the text string. The second click exits the group.
- Switch to the 'User Content' layer.
- Click on the Visibility button for the Text layer. The annotations are hidden.
- Click on the Visibility button for the Text layer. The annotations are displayed.