LayOut Line Tool: Drawing curved lines
Search the Knowledge Center...
Drawing curved lines
Curved lines are created with points and curvature controls: Controls that, when moved, create a curve. The following image shows a point with two curvature controls (on the right):
Curvature controls are moved away from the middle control point and manipulate the curve.
You can create curves with one point at the end of the curve or with point at the beginning and the end of the curve. More points allow for finer manipulation of the curve.
To draw a curved line:
- Select the Line tool (). The cursor changes to a pencil ().
- Click and hold the mouse button to set the starting point of your curve.
- Move the cursor away from the point. A curvature control will extend from the start point.
- Move the cursor away from the point to set the direction and size of the curve.
- Release the mouse button.
- Move the cursor to the ending point of the curve.
- Click and hold the mouse button. A point is created.
- Move the cursor away from the point. Another curvature control will extend from the ending point.
- Move the cursor clockwise or counter-clockwise to set the bulge of the curve (refer to step 4).
- Release the mouse button to finish creating the curve. A new curve is started at the ending point of your previous curve.