The easiest way to learn how to use a SketchUp tool is to select the tool and view the information displayed in the Instructor dialog box:
- Select Window > Instructor to display the Instructor dialog box (if it isn't already displayed).
- Select any SketchUp tool from the toolbar. The Instructor displays the following:
- An animation that shows basic use of the tool.
- A description of what the tool.
- Step for using the tool corresponding to the animation.
- Modifier keys you can use to make the tool perform additional functions.
- Links to documentation on advanced functions of the tool.