Showing or hiding cameras, frustrums, safe zones, and aspect ratio masking bars
Showing or hiding cameras
Every camera you create is added to a layer titled "Cameras." Click Show/Hide all cameras () or select Tools > Advanced Camera Tools > Show/Hide All Cameras to show or hide all cameras. The cameras are shown or hidden.
Showing or hiding frustrums
A camera’s frustum is all of the space in front of the camera that it can “see" given its settings such as focal lengh and aspect ratio. When you create a camera with the Advanced Camera Tools plugin, SketchUp not only generates a camera model but also geometry representing the camera's frustrum. This geometry is useful in ensuring that exactly what you want the camera to see is in the shot, and what you do not want the camera to see is out of the shot.
Click Show/Hide all camera frustrum lines () or select Tools > Advanced Camera Tools > Show/Hide Camera Frustum Lines to show or hide all camera frustrum lines. Frustrum lines (1) appear to show the boundary of each camera's shot (2).
Click Show/Hide all camera frustrum volumes () or select Tools > Advanced Camera Tools > Show/Hide Camera Frustum Volumes to show or hide all camera frustrum volumes. Frustrum volumes (1) show the boundary and the complete volume of the visible area for the camera (2).
Showing or hiding aspect ratio bars
Aspect ratio bars appear when you create a camera if your camera has a different aspect ratio than SketchUp's drawing area. To show or hide these bars:
- Ensure you are not in camera view mode. Clearing the aspect ratio bars while in camera view mode resets the camera to a default state.
- Click Clear aspect ratio bars () or select Tools > Advanced Camera Tools > Reset cameras to hide all aspect ratio bars.
- Click on a camera's tab to restore aspect ratio bars.
showing or hiding safe zones
A camera safe zone is a sub-area representing an area visible through the lens. Some safe zones represent different output resolutions, some represent different aspect ratios, and some indicate which parts of the frame will be cropped when displayed on different viewing devices. Not all ACT cameras have safe zones (some have several), but those that do can display their safe zones as blue rectangles in the drawing area. To display a camera's safe zones:
- Ensure you are in camera view mode.
- Context-click in the model window. The Advanced Camera Tools context menu appears.
- Select Safe Zone Visibility > Show All Safe Zones to show all safe zones for the camera. Or, select an individual safe zone to show just that safe zone.