Add Location: Adding a location
To add a location:
- Click on the Add Location button (). The Add Location dialog box appears. This dialog box allows you to navigate a two-dimensional view of the world and find a location for your model.
- Find the location where you want your 3D model to appear. There are two ways to find a location:
- Manually navigate to the location. Refer to the Add Location Dialog Box for further information.
- Type the address in the search field and click the Search button.
- Click on the Select Location button. A cropped image of the location appears with four pins, one on each corner.
- Click and hold the left mouse button on one of the pins, such as the upper-left pin.
- Move the mouse cursor (pin) to a position in the Add Location image such that your location is still in the image, but other unneeded location information is cropped.
- Release the left mouse button. The following image shows the upper-left pin placed at the upper-left corner of the location:
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the remaining three pins. The following image shows all four pins placed to define the location. The size of the location or site is subjective. However, the larger the site, the larger your SketchUp file.
- Click the Grab button to grab the selected portion of the Add Location image and place it in your model. A 2D image of the location is placed in SketchUp. This image is locked so that you cannot mistakenly delete it.