Draping edges onto a TIN
Note: The Drape tool will only drape the edges surrounding a face if you attempt to drape a face or series of faces over the TIN.
- Create a TIN, such as with the Sandbox From Scratch tool, or import a terrain.
- Create the edges you want to drape over the TIN. The edges can be in a single plane (flat) and must be positioned above a TIN. The following image shows a 2D road positioned above a terrain.
- Select the edges that you want to drape over the TIN.
- Select the Drape tool. The cursor changes to an arrow.
- Click on the TIN to drape the selected edges on the TIN. The following image shows the edges draped over the terrain.
Note: The draped edges will be outside of a group or component context if the TIN is encapsulated within a group or component.
Tip: This tool also works in active selection mode to select the drape edges if nothing is preselected.