Scaling an entire model
You can rescale your model to a more precise dimension during the modeling process by specifying the desired dimension between two points using the Tape Measure tool. This line is referred to as the reference line. To scale an entire model:
- Select the Tape Measure tool (). The cursor changes to a tape measure.
- Measure the distance between two points on your model:
- Click one end of a line segment to set the starting point of a measurement. Use the inference tool tip to make sure you click on the exact point.
- Move the mouse to the end point of the same line segment. A temporary measuring tape line, with arrows at each end, will stretch out from your starting point as you move the mouse.
- Click again at the other end of the line segment. The final distance is displayed in the Measurements toolbar.
- Enter a new size for the line in the Measurements toolbar and press the Enter (Microsoft Windows) or Return (Mac OS X) key. This size will be used as the basis for a proportional rescale of your model. The following dialog box appears.
- Click the Yes button. The model will be rescaled proportionally.