Ensure you are using either the Shaded or Shaded with Textures style so that you can see materials as they are applied to your model. To apply materials (Microsoft Windows):
- Select the Paint Bucket tool. The cursor will change to a paint bucket and the Material Browser is activated. The Materials Browser contains libraries of materials you can paint on faces in your model.
- Select a materials library using the drop down list in the Materials Browser. SketchUp contains several default materials libraries, including landscape, roofing, and transparent materials.
- Select a material from the materials library.
- Click on the faces to paint. The material is assigned to the face.
To apply materials from the Apple Color Picker (Mac OS X):
- Select the Paint Bucket tool and then select the material you want to use from the Apple Color Picker. To select a materials library first click the Brick icon at the top of the Color Picker and then select a materials library using the drop down list. Click the Paint Bucket tool's cursor over the entity or selection set you wish to color.
- Alternatively, click and drag a material swatch from the Texture Pallet picker and drop it on the a single entity or selection you want to color.