Making rotated copies
The Rotate tool can be used to make rotated copies of entities within your model. To make copies of an entity using the Rotate Tool:
- Select the Rotate tool (). The cursor will change to a protractor with a circular arrow.
- Click on the entity to rotate.
- Press and release the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (Mac OS X) key on your keyboard. The cursor will change to a protractor with a plus sign. This action informs Sketchup that you want to duplicate the entity.
- Move the cursor in a circle until it is at the starting point of the rotation.
- Click to set the starting point of the rotation. Use the inference tool tips to help you to find the center of the rotation.
- Move the cursor until it as at the ending point of the rotation. A copy of the entity appears and is rotated about the starting point. If the 'Enable angle snapping' checkbox is checked in the Units Panel of the Model Info dialog box, movements close to the protractor result in angle snaps, while those further away from the protractor allow free rotation.
- Click to complete the rotation.
Note: Press and hold the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (Mac OS X) key at any time during a move operation to perform a copy (not just at the start).