Position Texture Tool: Wrapping material around a cylinder
Wrapping material around a cylinder
A texture can also be wrapped around a cylinder. To wrap a texture, such as an image texture, around a cylinder:
- Create a cylinder.
- Select File > Import to insert an image.
- Select an image format from the Files of type drop-down list.
- Select the image file.
- Click the Open button. The cursor changes to the Select tool with the image.
- Click in the drawing area to place the starting point of the image.
- Drag the cursor away from the starting point so that the image is resized.
- Click again to place the image.
- Context-click on the image. The Image entity's context menu appears.
- Select Use as Material. The image appears in the In Model (Microsoft Windows) or Colors in Model (Mac OS X) material library within the Materials Browser.
- Click on the material in the Materials Browser. The cursor changes to the Paint Bucket tool.
- Paint the Material on the cylinder. The material will automatically wrap around the cylinder, repeating itself as necessary to wrap the entire model.