You can also select and offset connected, co-planar, lines (and arcs) for an offset. To offset lines:
- Select the Select tool (). The cursor will change to an arrow.
- Select the lines to be offset. You must select two or more connected lines, and all your lines must be coplanar.
- Select the Offset tool (). The cursor will change to two offset corners.
- Click on one of your selected line segments. The cursor will automatically snap to the nearest line segment.
- Move the cursor to define the offset dimension.
- Click to finish the offset operation.
Tip: You can click once on the selected line segments, drag to set the offset while holding down the mouse button, and release the button to accept.
Note: Offsetting an Arc entity will create a Curve entity that cannot be edited. The original Arc, however, can still be edited after this operation.