Move Tool: Making copies
As mentioned previously, the Move tool can be used to make copies of entities within your model. To make copies of an entity using the move tool:
- Select the Select tool (). The cursor will change to an arrow.
- Select the entities to be copied.
- Select the Move tool (). The cursor will change to a four-way arrow.
- Press and release the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (Mac OS X) key on your keyboard. The cursor will change to a four-way arrow with a plus sign. This action informs Sketchup that you want to duplicate the selected entities.
- Click on the selected entities to copy.
- Move the cursor to copy the entities. A copy of the selected entities will follow as you move your mouse.
- Click at the destination point to finish your copy operation. The copied entities are now selected and the original entities are deselected.
Note: You can press and release the Command (Microsoft Windows) or Option (Mac OS X) key on your keyboard at any time during a move operation to perform a copy (not just at the start).