The simplest and most accurate way to extrude a face along a path is to have the Follow Me tool automatically select and follow a path on a single coplanar surface. To automatically extrude a face along a path on an single surface using the Follow Me Tool:
- Identify the edge of the geometry you want to modify. This edge will be your path.
- Draw a profile of the face that you want to follow the path. Make sure that this profile is approximately perpendicular to the path.
- Select the Tools > Follow Me.
- Press and hold the Alt (Microsoft Windows) or Command (Mac OS X) Key.
- Click on the profile that you created.
- Move the cursor off the profile surface onto the surface around which you wish to sweep. The path will automatically close.Note: If your path consists of the edges around a single surface, you can select the surface and then the Follow Me tool to automatically follow the edges around the surface.
- Click to commit the follow-me operation.