SketchUp Arc Tool: Drawing an arc
Search the Knowledge Center...
Drawing an arc
Arc entities consist of three parts: the starting point, the ending point and the bulge distance. The distance between the starting point and the ending point is also known as the chord length. To draw an arc:
- Select the Arc tool (). The cursor changes to a pencil with an arc.
- Click to place the starting point of your arc.
- Move the cursor to the ending point of your chord.
- Click to place the ending point of your arc. A straight line is created.
- Move your cursor perpendicular to the straight line to adjust the bulge distance. A straight line will extend perpendicular from the straight line.Note: Press the ESC key at any point during the operation to start over.
- Click to set the bulge distance.
Chord length can be specified after you place the ending point of your arc. Bulge distance, radius, and number of segments can be specified using the Measurements Toolbar immediately after a arc is drawn. See Creating Precise Arcs for more information on manipulating arcs using the Measurements Toolbar.