To upload a KMZ file to the 3D Warehouse:
- Open an Internet browser, and go to the 3D Warehouse.
- Click the Sign In link and sign into your Google account, if you aren't signed in already.
- Click on your profile drop-down menu which is labeled with your user name.
- Select the My Models option.
- Click the Upload Model option. The "Upload to 3D Warehouse page" appears.
- Drag & Drop your KMZ file in the upload square, or click Choose a file to upload to open a file browser on your computer.
- Choose whether or not your model is Public (anyone can view, search, or download the model) or Private (only you can view or download your model).
- Fill in the 'title' field. Try to use terms that identifies your model from other models. For example, titling your model "bed" might cause it to be harder to find among all bed models. But, titling your model "queen bed" or "queen pillow-top bed" might better help people find it.
- Fill in the 'description' field. Descriptions should include any information about the model that might be useful to the user of the model. For example, for buildings you might add historical information, date the building was built, architectural style, and so on.
- Fill in the 'URL' field if you have a web page that contains more model about your model.
- Fill in the 'tags' field. tags are keywords or short phrases that describe your model. Tags make models easier to find during a search. Try to anticipate what terms searchers might use to find models like yours. Separate each tag with a comma (,).
- Click on the Upload button to upload your model to the 3D Warehouse. Your model is uploaded and the 3D Warehouse Model Details page appears.
It is recommended that you send your Collada (DAE) file (which is embedded in your KMZ file) through the Collada Coherency Test before attempting to upload to the 3D Warehouse. Visit this blog post to learn how to extract a DAE file from a KMZ file.
Refer to KMZ File Requirements for information on the requirements for any non-SketchUp generated KMZ file.