If you're using SketchUp, you'll first need to activate the Drawing toolbar:
- Open the "View" menu.
- Point to "Toolbars."
- Click "Drawing."
Next, use the Polygon tool to draw the shape you want (the default is a hexagon):
- Select the Polygon tool (it looks like a triangle).
- Click the ground plane to set the center point of the polygon.(The ground plane is created by the red and green axes.)
- Type the number of sides you want, followed by an "s," for example, to create a pentagon, type "5s" and press Enter.
- To finish drawing the polygon, pull out to the size you want, and then click to set the edges.
Hint: If you want to create a polygon aligned to a different plane:
- Select the Polygon tool.
- Move out to the top edges of the drawing until the cursor changes to a red or green polygon.
- Press and hold the Shift key to lock that inference direction.
- Move to the point where you want to draw the polygon, and then click to set the centerpoint. You can now release the Shift key.
- Finish drawing the polygon.