How can I update my computer's graphics driver?
Search the Knowledge Center...
SketchUp is a graphics-heavy application. We suggest always keeping your graphics drivers up-to-date. Updating drivers can often correct odd visual behaviors such as freezing, artifacts, model slicing, and slow performance.
If you have a notebook or laptop computer:
You should visit the website of the notebook manufacturer to download the latest driver.
If you have a desktop or workstation computer:
Before you can update the graphics driver, you need to know what kind of graphics card you have. For more information about how to find out what graphics card you have in your PC, click here.
Once you know the kind of graphics card you have, visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest driver. Here are links for downloading drivers from the most common graphics card manufacturers:
- NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
- ATI from AMD: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
- Intel: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/
- Click the Apple logo.
- On the "Apple" menu, click "Software Update."
- If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If there is a graphics driver update, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.