The Quick Answer
- The free version exports to COLLADA, Google Earth, 2D graphics, and animations.
- The Pro version exports the same as the free version plus 3D graphics.
You can export 3D models to other programs in several 2D and 3D formats:
- Export 2D images of your models.
- JPEG image (.jpg)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
- Tagged Image File (.tif)
- Windows Bitmap (.bmp).
- Export your files to COLLADA (.dae) format for use in a variety of different 3D programs.
- Place models in Google Earth. You can place SketchUp models in Google Earth by using the "Place Model" command.
- Export a Google Earth file directly in KMZ format.
- Share SketchUp models to the 3D Warehouse.
In addition to everything you can do with SketchUp, using SketchUp Pro you can:
- Export in additional 2D formats:
- Portable Document Format (.pdf)
- Encapsulated PostScript Format (.eps)
- Epix (.epx)
- AutoCAD (.dwg, .dxf)
- Export 3D models in additional formats:
- 3DS (.3ds)
- AutoCAD DWG (.dwg)
- AutoCAD DXF (.dxf)
- FBX (.fbx).
- OBJ (.obj)
- XSI (.xsi)
- VRML (.vrml)
- Export animations and walkthroughs as MOV with the Mac version of SketchUp, or export AVI files from the Windows version of SketchUp.