Saving a 3D Warehouse search as a local collection
Search the Knowledge Center...
The 3D Warehouse-enabled Component Browser in SketchUp 7+ allows you to easily find models and collections in the 3D Warehouse. You can also save the results of a particular search to your hard drive for easy access offline. Follow these steps to save a collection locally:
- Launch SketchUp.
- Select Window > Components. The Component Browser is displayed.
- Click the Select tab to make sure you're viewing the Select panel.
- Enter a keyword in the search field, such as "trees."
- Click the Details button. The Details menu is displayed.
- Select Save as a local collection. The "Browse For Folder" (Microsoft Windows) or "Save" (Mac OS X) dialog box is displayed.
- Navigate to the the folder where you'd like to save the models.
- Click the OK button (Microsoft Windows) or Save button (Mac OS X). The components listed in the search results are saved to your folder.