Setting the location of your model
The easiest way to assign location information for a SketchUp model is to first add the location to your model using the Add Location dialog box and then creating your model on that location. To set the location of your model:
- Click on the Add Location button. The Add Location dialog box appears. This dialog box allows you to navigate a two-dimensional view of the world and find a location for your model.
- Find the location where you want your 3D model to appear. There are two ways to find a location:
- Manually navigate to the location. Refer to the Add Location Dialog Box for further information.
- Type the address in the search field and click the Search button.
- Click on the Add Location button in the Add Location dialog box. A 2D image of the current view is placed in SketchUp. This image is locked so that you cannot mistakenly delete it.
- Create your structure on top of the location. The structure will be associated with the geographic information of the current view.
- Click on the Preview Model in Google Earth button to view your SketchUp models in Google Earth. Google Earth is launched. SketchUp creates a temporary file of your model and places the model in Google Earth at the proper location.
- Click on the Share Model button in the Google toolbar. The 3D Warehouse appears.
- Log in to the 3D Warehouse. You will need a Google account if you do not have one.
- Follow the steps to post your model in the 3D Warehouse.